Become an ORT Alumni Ambassador in your school/country
- To promote ORT Alumni Network and help to grow it in a local community
- Act as a contact point for prospective graduates from your country/school
- Give necessary information on how to join and on the benefits of the network
- Help in organising international events, including online webinars.
- Be proactive in finding partnerships and sponsorship for growing the network both locally and internationally
- Gaining valuable work experience in organisation
- CV building opportunity
- Working closely with World ORT head office and learning the insights of the organisation
- Expanding your personal and professional network
To enquire please email Shoshana
Become a mentor for ORT-Jump programme, London, UK
ORT-JUMP is ORT UK’s programme that matches mentors from a variety of industries with secondary school students, to help the latter realise their true potential and achieve their ultimate career ambitions. Currently, there are 250 mentor and student partnerships across 10 London schools.
The areas of mentorship include:
- Medicine, law, finance, engineering and psychology.
- As well as more recent additions such as biochemistry, product app development and HM Treasury.
Key things to know
- Training by a professional coach takes place in November
- Mentors have to attend the training
- There are 5 meetings with your throughout the academic year
- As a mentor, you will cover areas such as CV writing, code of conduct, confidence building and expectations from the workplace.
Give a talk at a school
Wouldn’t you have liked it if when you were at school, someone with the experience that you now have would have come and told you all about their lives and how their paths led them to where they are now? We invite alumni to return to school – to carry out lessons or talks and share their experience. The visit would bring practical knowledge and experience from various fields of life, contributing to a more diverse education for students. These talks can be useful both for the students and the teachers to a get a glimpse at a particular industry and current trends.
To express your interest please contact Shoshana
Become a madrich at one of the World ORT educational programmes
Every year World ORT organises student programmes such as summer schools, awards, competitions and educational programmes.
You can help out by becoming a madrich(a) at the upcoming Digital Skills Academy programme in Sofia, Bulgaria
Date of the summer school: 15-27 July 2018
To learn more about the programme, read here
- The madrich(a) will accompany and stay with the group for the duration of the summer school in residential accommodation
- Ensuring participants’ welfare and safety as well as being in charge of day-to-day logistics
- Assisting to plan and lead exciting and creative educational activities to complement the educational programme delivered by the provider, including themed cultural and social activities (including a Shabbat).
- Coordinating and planning of extra activities for the evenings
- Providing feedback
To apply please contact Daniel Tysman
Become a presenter at one of the ORT Alumni network events
ORT Alumni Network is planning to organise series of networking events. These events will be taking place in different cities within our international network.
We would like to invite alumni to present their success stories or an interesting lecture (TED talk style) for this event.
Please get in touch with your ideas.
Offer an internship at your company to one of the students
Are you an employer or do you know of a position available at the company you work at? Have you considered offering an internship experience to one of the ORT students? In larger companies internship programmes are quite common. We would really appreciate if you could let us know of such positions and we would gladly distribute the information to our schools, to give a chance to fellow ORT students to apply.
With STEM focus across the network, our students are tech savvy and are up to date with the latest innovations. Experience in a real workplace will give students a chance to learn new skills and professional code of conduct. However, bringing a highly motivated and enthusiastic worker who will not only help your team but also boost morale and productivity, will also benefit your workplace.
If you know of any available internship programmes, please get in touch with Shoshana.
One-off volunteering opportunities
This section will be updated when the new opportunities become available.